Saturday, June 17, 2006

Google Search Numbers!

It is 11:oo Saturday night June 16 and I am just answering emails and thanking people for placing orders from the USA, England and Australia which were placed while I was watching the Sat night movie on televison. The closest order to my location was for a custom made opal ring from a lady who lives about 50 minutes drive from my house.

The customer wants to know when she can get it delivered but she probably doesn't know how close we are.

My customers come from all over the world: Switzerland, Russia, South America, Asia and the far outback regions of Australia as well as the UK and the USA.

One day I received an order over the internet from a customer who lives about 15 minutes drive from my premises. I had a friend visiting and I asked if he would drop it off.

Without letting the customer know that we were in Australia let alone the same location my friend delivered the piece of jewellery in less than 30 minutes from the order. He is a real estate agent and was all dresed up in his usual dark suit and tie. That was fun!

What I am so excited about at the moment and I just have to blog on about is that I just check to see where http://jewelleryexpress.com.au is on Google at the moment - I do that all the time as most website owners might do as well.

Search engine results may vary from minute to minute these days but one thing is certain, the major search for an Australian jewellery website is for the search term "jewellery." My mentors, with nearly ten years of internet search engine optimisation experience, told me that I would never get high Google ranking for a major search result such as that.

My friends, tonight for the search term "jewellery"on a world search from Australia which had 116 million results my site ranked number 21! Let me say that again 116 MILLION! and we were position number Twenty One!

There is an internet god after all! I am not looking for weeks and weeks now as I want to live this moment!

Regards,

Gary Hocking

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home